Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Review #1,116: Level "Jackin' 4 Beats Vol. 2"

Reviewed on 1.18.2012 (Review #1,116)


Not in tha mood, but gotta get some shit outta tha way. Tha first review I have for today iz Level Jackin’ 4 Beats Vol. 2, which was released in April 2007. We’ll see how this goes, for a then-19-year-old Level, Easy Hustle Entertainment/Jigga House Records style. Start Time: 9:37 AM | End Time: 10:19 AM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. If you use tha word “swag” frequently, have auto-tune in your vocals, or talk about nothin’ but money and hoes 100,000x (which I consider ‘typical’ topics), I’m not buyin’ it!

© 2012 CD Review (Review #1,116) reviewed on 1.18.2012 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.

Link To CD: N/A


01. Intro
BTW, I don’t have a tracklist. If this iz called Jackin’ 4 Beats, then I’m sure I’ll know what jacked beats they are… >>> LOL, an intro. Oh, “Vol. 2”? Guess it’s officially 2007, but still, a 19-year-old Level, at tha time. My Rating: N/A


02. Level Sampler
>>> A 5:37 length… Sounds original, wit this “whoop yo muth-a-fuck-in’ ass” shit; nice soundin’, from years ago! Oh, it switched up about 2.5 minutes later, to a beat wit similar production to “They Hate My”; not bad, either, about “niggaz hatin’/hoes wantin’…” Now, tha 3rd track on this iz a Down Bad “Rollin’” beat; really quick, lol? Tha 4th track sounds like some original beat, talkin’ about some shit, and then, it slowed down… It came back to normal, and sounds like a different song, or iz it tha same (about an “iron”)? Either way, if I had to rate this, I’d skip tha rating ‘cause it’s basically, all samples. My Rating: N/A


03. “I’ma Dog”
>>> “Wipe Me Down” beat into an “I’ma Dog” joint (not like tha remix beat wit Nu$$ & Ready). LOL, this iz what this joint originally sounded like? Would’ve thought it was tha remix beat, lol! Tha rhymes are even different from tha remix; not bad, but tha remix iz, like, 10x better! Same hook goin’ on here, too, less aggressive, lol. My Rating: 4.3


04. “Load It Up & Cock It” Feat. Jigga House
>>> Time for some “Pop, Lock & Drop It”; might as well call this “Load It Up & Cock It”. Whoa, fast rhymes goin’ on here; gotta feel ‘em, not matter what! Really reppin’ fa “G-H-O-S-T-T-O-W-N,” here (Ghost Town)! Guess tha hook ain’t a sample or anythang, since it’s a female on tha 2nd verse, soundin’ kinda young… iz this a female? My Rating: 4.5
EDIT: It might be a female from Jigga House, so I’ll put Jigga House as tha feature, ‘til I know tha girl…


05. “You Ain’t Stupid”
>>> Doesn’t sound like a jacked beat, this time; let’s see what I can make outta this… Almost thought I was gonna hear Quick in tha beginning, but it’s all you. I’ll call this “You Ain’t Stupid”; interestin’ hook. Iz this a DJ B-Real beat? Sounds like it; not bad… My Rating: 4.0


06. “Bing, Bam, Bow”
>>> Based off tha beginning, this iz tha Nip dude (“Off Tha Wall”) on tha beat? Plus, I assume you’re rappin’ off dat beat, right now? For now, I’ll call this “Bing, Bam, Bow”; my bad if dat’s incorrect… You sound good on this beat; can’t deny this, right now. My Rating: 4.2


07. “Get N There”
>>> Goin’ back ta ’04 wit this “Na-Na-Na-Na” beat from Nelly; guess we’ll call this “Get N There”? LOL @ how sexual you are for a 19-year-old, here. Then again, I was dealin’ wit dumb-asses, not too long after this was released, that were 19, smh. I’m likin’ your remake of this Nelly song; definitely a nice job wit tha consistent rhymes! My Rating: 4.4


08. “Jumpin’ Clean”
>>> “Ice Cream Paint Job” beat (neva knew that producer, back then); “Jumpin’ Clean” for tha title, based off this T.I. sample in tha hook? Sounds okay, wit some typical, good rhymes from you… My Rating: 3.8


½time: A 4.2-rated CD, currently; okay for an ’07 CD!!


09. “Locs On” Feat. IL Duce
>>> An original production, here, from Mod Productions. Good shit goin’ on from you in tha beginning, here. Oh wait, “IL Duce”? Oh, that’s him; got ta review this in ’09, but didn’t review Level’s part. Oh wait, this ain’t “On Dat Level”; sounds like a different song, like, maybe, I can call this “Got My Locs On”? Good shit from IL Duce on tha 1st verse; he sounds a lil’ betta, now-a-dayz. You’re on tha 2nd verse and it sounds like it fits, here, too… Guess this iz IL Duce featurin’ Level, since he’s on tha 3rd verse? Nice job wit appearin’ in tha song, again, Duce! Heard dat tha “blunt blazed” in tha hook; that’s what’s up! LOL, Duce doesn’t stop!! Nice job wit tha outro, too! My Rating: 4.2


10. “So LA” Feat. Jigga House
>>> Sounds like a swingset wit tha beat sounds! “B Money” iz on this track; think I might’ve heard of him, before… Reppin’ for your “jiggalaters,” here; good shit, overall, for an okay, “jiggin’” song. Can I call this “I’m So LA”? Sounds like it could be… Max Minelli on tha 2nd verse wit this “Rick James” shit? Sounds like his voice, but not his flow. I don’t know who’s on tha 3rd verse, either, but this ain’t too bad for a song wit features… Sorry that I can’t put who’s on tha feature ‘cause I don’t know who it iz… :( I’ll just put “Feat. Jigga House”, for now. My Rating: 4.3


11. “U Can Get It” Feat. Slauterhouse & Jigga House
>>> More original-soundin’ shit, here. Definitely feelin’ tha 225-soundin’ hook! “U Can Get It” for this title? Was gonna put tha feature as Jigga House, once again, but this sounds more like da Ville Boyz; good shit, though. Betta yet, it’s prolly Jigga House… or wait, “Slauterhouse & Jigga House”? Guess I’ll put that as tha feature, then. Yea, I heard dude on tha 3rd verse say, “Lil’ Rocket,” so it’s officially Slauter House on tha feature. Overall, interestin’, non-stop collaboration, here! My Rating: 4.5


12. “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Nothin’”
>>> Sounds like some production you’d hear Nu$$ie rap on, here… LOL @ you called “lyrical child.” Okay, what happened to “Universal,” then? Hook sounds like a Soulja Slim sample, mixed together. I’ll call this one “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Nothin’”, in honor of tha sample. Good job wit continuously reppin’ “Ghosttown”, here! My Rating: 4.2


13. “Bing Bow”
>>> “B-B-Beat-Beat Flippa on tha track!!!” :tu Hearin’ tha great sounds of him on tha beat, ’07 style!! Sounds like anotha “bing, bow” song, only an actual club anthem? Definitely feelin’ this; you can’t deny tha sound!! Really reppin’ fa err-body, here! Even though I called #6 a similar title, I’ll call this “Bing Bow”, without commas and “bam”, lol. My Rating: 4.6


14. “Lose My Mind” Feat. Lil’ Mista
>>> This has Lil’ Mista in tha beginning…; should I call this “Lose My Mind”? Sounds hot, includin’ tha original-soundin’ production, here. He sounds good wit tha 1st verse; not much to comment on… You sound okay wit how you’re doin’, on tha 2nd verse; not much to comment, again… My Rating: 4.3


15. “Yeah”
>>> LOL @ how you say, “yeah,” in this song; very catchy “yeah” song, lol! I’m pretty sure that’s tha title, so I won’t have ta guess! “L-E-V-E-L-B-A-B-Y!” I dunno why, but this sounds like my top-rated song, for this mixtape, lol! I have to say, “Yeah, yea, yeah, yea, yeah, yea!!!” “B Money on tha track,” you say? My Rating: 4.7


16. “Who” Feat. T-Dub
>>> “Greg Dukes on tha track”? A feature from T-Dub!! Ooh, now, it’s “who”s, lol!! Guess I’ll call this “Who”; really catchy, once again!! A lil’ fast, and almost off-beat, wit tha 1st verse, Dub, but it’s cool, especially since I luv her voice!! Definitely a nice collaboartion; you know what it iz wit dis!! Good flow from you, Level; y’all definitely make one hell of a collaboration, here!! T-Dub continues ta hold dis shit down, of course! LOL, tha “yup” in tha beat sample almost sounds like it could be sayin’, “dub,” like, for T-Dub, lol! My Rating: 4.7


17. “Gimme Me”
What’s this last song? >>> “Gimme Me” for an ending title? LOL, you really need yourself, Level? LOL, did BluBlack take this title, when he made a similar title-soundin’ song, a year later? Nice original-soundin’ production, right here! Not much else to say, since you typically hold it down fa tha 225 wit these tracks… My Rating: 4.3


Overall: I have to say, pretty hot mixtape! Too bad I thought this was Vol. 1, but somebody labeled tha folder/tracks wrong; I’ll prolly neva get ta hear dat? Still don’t know when I’ll hear Vol. 3, either, but good job… I didn’t expect to hear original production, and there was more of it than jacked beats; definitely a nice outcome!


Rankings:

15.       “Jumpin’ Clean” 3.8
14.       “You Ain’t Stupid” 4.0
13.       “Locs On” Feat. IL Duce 4.2
12.       “Bing, Bam, Bow” 4.2
11.        “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Nothin’” 4.2
10.       “So LA” Feat. Jigga House 4.3
09.       “Gimme Me” 4.3
08.       “Lose My Mind” Feat. Lil’ Mista 4.3
07.       “I’ma Dog” 4.3
06.       “Get N There” 4.4
05.       “Load It Up & Cock It” Feat. Jigga House 4.5
04.       “U Can Get It” Feat. Slauterhouse & Jigga House 4.5
03.   “Bing Bow” 4.6
02.   “Who” Feat. T-Dub 4.7
01.   “Yeah” 4.7


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:              65.0
Total Songs:              / 15
-----------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.3

No comments:

Blog Archive