Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Review #1,392: $hop With Ken "New Rule$"

Reviewed on 3.19.2014 (Review #1,392)


Got anotha review—a CD that just dropped today. It’s $hop With Ken New Rule$, released on Forever Young Entertainment. Lookin’ at tha title, it looks 100% new. However, I think it’s nearly tha same as a previous release, New Rules? What I did instead, to decipher tha different releases, iz I put tha “$” at tha end of this one, as it’s shown on tha front cover. Usually, when it’s songs I already reviewed, I just post tha current rating. However, since this iz Ken, anything that wasn’t a repeat from tha previous release, I gon post tha actual review of when I first heard each song, on here. Start Time: 9:28 PM | End Time: 9:42 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. If you use tha word “swag” frequently, have auto-tune in your vocals, or talk about nothin’ but money and hoes 100,000x (which I consider ‘typical’ topics), I’m not buyin’ it! After I was robbed by an artist who claimed they “get money,” hearin’ about how much you “got money” and anything “money” really bothers me. If you have not done business wit me before, I won’t tolerate “money” talk in tha music!!

© 2014 CD Review (Review #1,392) reviewed on 3.19.2014 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.



01. $hop With Ken “New Rules (Intro)”
I’m sure this tha same intro as tha previous time; they’re both 47 seconds… >>> Yeah. BTW, why iz everyone dickridin’ tha Maybach Music Group thing? “M-M-M-M-M-M-Maybach Music…” Then, “C-C-C-C-C-C-C-C-Cain Muzik…” Now, “L-L-L-L-L-L-L-L-Lil’ Ken…”? My Current Rating: N/A


02. $hop With Ken “New Rules (Intro)”
Why tha repeat of a repeat, lol? See #1 fa tha review!


03. Lil’ Phat “Message To The Streets”
No longer you as tha main artist, lol. SMH @ tha short length; too uncomfortable for me to still hear Phat in ’14. I feel like he ruined DJ B-Real—that dude only brings up death things/alive moments, and doesn’t live for tha future! He stopped checkin’ shit of mine out after Phat died; it’s not like it was a family member! I had a family member die (December 14, 2011), but I didn’t fall off! Anyway, this wasn’t bad, but your production’s a lot better than just listenin’ to Phat! My Current Rating: 4.3


04. Mista Cain “My Block”
Somethin’ that didn’t appear on tha previous New Rules… As always, produced by you, though it’s time for boredom! >>> Don’t think I’ve eva heard this before, though it sounds like an old song ‘cause of how good it sounds… I really like tha beat, and tha street vibe’s got me in a good mood, despite this bein’ a guilty pleasure! At 1:17, it stopped, and turned into one of them skits, again; random… My Rating: 4.5


05. Mista Cain Feat. Rippah “Plotting”
Anotha subtraction of you as tha 1st artist; weird… My Current Rating: 4.6


06. Mista Cain “My Situation”
Why again? Produced by you… My Current Rating: 4.1


07. Kevin Gates “Mr. Brasi”
Fuck! Tha ghost of B-Real’s after me? 3.19.2014 EDIT: Now that I have a job starting Monday, money’ll be comin’ in, so worryin’ about B-Real’s acknowledgin’ should go away! I don’t want it to go away, so I wrote him one final letter about reconnectin’, and keepin’ his career alive. Sad how I have to write letters ‘cause I’m blocked, no phone, and no way else to get a hold of him. Anyway, outta nowhere, this iz here. I remember when he gave feedback to you on this, Ken, last year on Facebook! Dat nigga would neva take four minutes to check out my previous single, “Tha Estatescalade”, which made me jealous. He literally made me feel like tha biggest loser—I felt like I was on heroin dealin’ with him! Anyway, bad Ken for tha sloppy, YouTube-lookin’ filename: “Kevin Gates – Mr.Brasi – luca brasi story”… My Current Rating: 4.3


08. Kevin Gates “Respect My Mind”
Ewe, him again? Just got done reviewin’ his By Any Means that just dropped… Not sure if I’ve heard this, already… >>> Not a fan of beat tags, especially multiple beat tags, in tha beginning… Beat sounds nice, and tha Soulja Slim sample, as well as a Beezy Bird “bow, bow” sample in tha background, sounds pretty nice. Got some Gates on tha verse, here, comin’ through wit consistent rhymes! Of course, this tha classic sound of him, not like tha mainstream shit, where he keeps landin’ 3.7-rated CDs wit me! Feelin’ tha street content, and yea, he even mentioned “masturbate;” gotta dig it! S/O St. Vincent “Birth In Reverse”: “Take out tha garbage, masturbate!” Sounds even betta wit tha consistent shit, between drugs, school shit, and more, when tha beat got quiet, about tha “Tylenol!” Fuck! Why tha stupid Mista shit at tha end?! This iz Gates shit; no need for tha dicks to stand up tall!! My Rating: 4.6


09. Mista Cain, Lil’ Snupe & Percy Keith “Cypher”
Produced by you. Though it gon be good, I’m not lookin’ forward to all these dudes… DJ B-Real blocking me from Facebook & Instagram was like tha day Baton Rouge died, to me… Sounds like a YouTube rip; weird quality wit Ya Boy Earl in tha beginning. Anyway, beat sounds good, here. Mista on tha 1st verse; random rappin’ from a random rapper. Same thing wit Snupe on tha 2nd verse: Just random, Louisiana-like rhymes. One thing I really don’t understand iz that how young Snupe was, why didn’t he know who I was/discover me? Kinda was a fail, but I’m shit, anyway. Here’s tha 3rd verse: Percy Keith. Though everything’s random, here, Percy has tha best rhymes; lyrics are consistent and on-point! Kinda reminds me of Gunplay’s lyrical ability; though he ain’t close to Gunplay, at least he got that Louisiana perspective of him. I like tha “Alice In Wonderland” part, too! Random around 3:45 wit Earl. Seems lazy to have such a video broadcast to appear on a CD. And now, tha rhymes are back, wit Percy Keith on tha 4th verse, comin’ through consistently, again! Luv tha “Mortal Kombat” shit wit tha “I know tha codes for tha ‘Finish Him!’” shit! Mista on tha 5th verse; props fa usin’ tha word “cunt!” No wonder why so many rappers pussy: They don’t use that word; why don’t they use that word? Anyway, just anotha random verse, but it’s a percentage betta than tha previous Mista verse. Thinkin’ of how DJ B-Real treated me last year, I can’t imagine any dude takin’ tha “eat dat dick up” shit serious. I swear, if that comes outta B-Real’s mouth, I would criticize tha shit outta him!!! Y’all act so straight, but come up wit “eat dat dick up,” smh? Well, I guess it’s better than tha dumb-ass “No Homo” shit. Anyway, Snupe on tha 6th verse…; ended wit some random shit. My Current Rating: 3.8


½time: Pretty nice, here; lots of repeats, though a 4.3-rated CD, currently!


10. Mista Cain, Lil’ Snupe & Percy Keith “Cypher”
SMH @ tha error again. I’m thinkin’ this review’s gonna be really long, but it’s fulla copy/pastes, back to back? *See #9 fa tha review!*


11. Lee Banks Feat. Mista Cain & Lil’ Ernest “Mouth Off (G-Mix)”
Flippin’ tha IDs around, again? Originally, a Mista song. Was gonna say that I could care less about revivin’ it, but now that my job’s here, tha priorities are different, in my life! My Current Rating: 4.3


12. Racked-Up Ready Feat. Madd Marvin & Lee Banks “Turnt Up”
Produced by you, again… Sounds good, whether I’ve heard this or not (not comin’ up in My Documents); good hook, but why iz it so hard fa him ta follow me on Instagram? I swear, MySpace, you got added automatically; Facebook, you approved my friend request; Twitter, it was easy to follow me; Instagram, it’s such a pain! Why?! Tha 1st verse from Ready ain’t too bad… Here’s tha 2nd verse from Marvin, comin’ through wit a good Zion City-like representation. Why are there missin’ words? Kinda stupid… Lee Banks on tha 3rd verse, comin’ through wit a good amount of aggression, as well as consistent rhymes! LOL @ tha really cold ending; just got cut off outta nowhere! My Current Rating: 4.5


13. Harley Ken Feat. Young Ready & Spitta “That Iron”
Now, he’s “Young”, here? A beat from you; lemme finally hear this Harley Ken dude… Sounds like a nice beat and hook; definitely diggin’ it! However, why such an obsession wit “that iron”? November 13, 2012’ll prolly be tha only day I’ve eva touched one! Great job from Ken on tha 1st verse; I’m a fan, but he didn’t automatically follow me on Instagram, so I guess I have to prove a few thangz ta him… Now, time fa a young Racked-Up Ready on tha 2nd verse? He sound like he on tha recent, Racked-Up-type shit, and it sounds good! He even said “Harley Ken”’s name, so that’s a plus! Never will rappers say my name, anymore…, not that anyone really did, anyway, smh! Only 43 seconds left; will we have a cold, cut-off ending wit Spitta on tha 3rd verse? Let’s see… Spitta “ain’t doin’ no divin’;” nice shit. Nice ending wit some shootin’ shit! My Current Rating: 4.6


14. Spitta Feat. Clever Kev “M.J.F.”
Now, initials, though it was separate names… My Current Rating: 4.4


15. Gutta TV Feat. PeeWee Longway “Skydiver”
Produced by you… >>> Intro sounded like Beezy Bird; bet it was! Sounds like a nice, slow hook by bein’ “high as fuck!” Tha 1st verse sounds nice; rhymes are ehh, but this vibe’s good. Here comes tha 2nd verse from PeeWee Longway… “Drowsy;” think that’s tha 1st time I heard that word in a rap song, lol! Wow…; good job wit this laidback vibe, too! My Current Rating: 4.4


16. YB Feat. Doonie “187”
Let’s get it w/you on tha beat! … Pretty nice; I saw a pic of Doonie & Ken in tha studio, recently. Anyway, I’m diggin’ tha hook; good shit from YB on tha 1st verse, comin’ through consistently about this “187”-type shit. Now, let’s hear tha 2nd verse from Doonie, here… Sounds pretty nice, so far… I know he branchin’ his reputation wit dat Heartfelt CD, but this sounds like Doonie deep in dat undaground, tha way I first heard about him almost six years ago—it was six years on February 23! My Current Rating: 4.5


17. $hop With Ken “Skit”
Familiar? It’s 31 seconds… >>> Angry dude, this iz, on tha sample! My Rating: N/A


18. $hop With Ken, YB & Scotty Cain Feat. Lil’ Boosie “Murder Crew (Remix)”
Tha “Murda” turns to “Murder”, like a white dude? I’m just playin’. Once again, you on tha beat. Got a brief sample from what you texted, and now, it’s gonna go into review form! >>> Volume got fixed again outta nowhere, lol! Random voice in tha beginning. Now, we got anotha voice; good soundin’. Funny how I randomly picked this to be added to my playlist (tha original version) and a remix was made! I only picked this ‘cause Ken’s on it! That same 1st verse from YB, here, though they switched themselves in tha order of tha IDs… I like how tha 2nd hook sounded acapella, tha 1st ½ of it! And, tha 2nd verse iz Ken, once again, “ya heard me!” Still got S-Cain on tha 3rd verse… Just like I said in tha text, I don’t really anticipate dickrided/jailed/fallen rappers… I like how tha beat changed once tha 4th verse started wit Boosie on it. Rhymes are good here. Just because I’m leavin’ a great review fa Boosie doesn’t mean that I’ll personally take some of this shit serious, to where I’ll care about it outside of tha review. But, nice job on tha remix! My Current Rating: 4.6


19. YB “Self-Made”
My shittin’-on-tha-toilet dude ta end it off! Produced by you, let’s see what my dude gon bring to this table! >>> Nice sound on tha beat, and tha hook’s catchy; I’m diggin’ YB’s vibe, fa tha ‘90s babies streetz, here. Talkin’ ‘bout “Scotty Cain” and how y’all “go way back;” do I even know anyone that qualifies to “go way back” wit me? I feel like I only live for tha present/future, with barely anybody from tha past. Good 1st verse from YB, though why always a “Cain” reference? Obsession? My obsessions neva slide, for some reason, and at almost 26, I still struggle wit it! Feelin’ tha “Baton Rouge, Louisiana” start to tha hook, also! And, hearin’ tha 2nd verse’s start, and I like how he said, “Lil’ Ken my brother;” of course, though it took me a while ‘til I saw tha pics to figure that out. Good “movin’ white”-like content, as well as other shit, on tha 2nd verse, here. Also, some of tha background “whoa” shit sounds like you sampled DJ B-Real’s “whoa,” Ken? I dunno… My Rating: 4.4


Overall: Just like New Rules, New Rule$ turned out to be just as good, lol! Though, some errors with tha duplicates…; no room for a “Pimp$”! :(


Rankings:

15.       Mista Cain, Lil’ Snupe & Percy Keith “Cypher” 3.8
14.       Mista Cain “My Situation” 4.1
13.       Kevin Gates “Mr. Brasi” 4.3
12.       Lee Banks Feat. Mista Cain & Lil’ Ernest “Mouth Off (G-Mix)” 4.3
11.        Lil’ Phat “Message To The Streets” 4.3
10.       Spitta Feat. Clever Kev “M.J.F.” 4.4
09.       Gutta TV Feat. PeeWee Longway “Skydiver” 4.4
08.       YB “Self-Made” 4.4
07.       Racked-Up Ready Feat. Madd Marvin & Lee Banks “Turnt Up” 4.5
06.       Mista Cain “My Block” 4.5
05.       YB Feat. Doonie “187” 4.5
04.       Mista Cain Feat. Rippah “Plotting” 4.6
03.    Kevin Gates “Respect My Mind” 4.6
02.    Harley Ken Feat. Young Ready & Spitta “That Iron” 4.6
01.    $hop With Ken, YB & Scotty Cain Feat. Lil’ Boosie “Murder Crew (Remix)” 4.6


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      65.9
Total Songs:                      / 15
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive