Friday, February 13, 2015

Review #1,438: $hop With Ken "Trap Tunes"

Reviewed on 2.13.2015 (Review #1,438)


Keepin’ these reviewz goin’, as I slowly catch up, here… My next review’s for Forever Young Entertainment (F.Y.N.I.C.)’s $hop With Ken Trap Tunes! A short lil’ CD, I wish I would’ve known about this when it came out; I missed it along tha way, as it wasn’t sent to me. Anyway, make sure you get your CDs to me on time, next time! I have anotha one to review after this, as well! Oh, and I gotta mention that I’m diggin’ tha front cover! It looks a lil’ weird, in a great way, but also trippy with those blue characters on tha side, lol? Start Time: 6:20 PM | End Time: 6:49 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. If you use tha word “swag” frequently, have auto-tune in your vocals, or talk about nothin’ but money and hoes (which I consider ‘typical’ topics), I’m not buyin’ it!

© 2015 CD Review (Review #1,438) reviewed on 2.13.2015 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.



01. Intro
>>> B Gizzle? Diggin’ tha drug-dealin’ shit in tha beginning! My Rating: N/A


02. “Jumping Back”
>>> Anticipated ta hear just beats! Diggin’ how nice and southern this sounds, between those keys, kicks, hi-hats, claps, sounds, and everythang else in-between! My Rating: 4.6


03. “8Ball$”
With tha way tha title look$, it almost look$ like it gon be about actual “ball$,” lol… >>> Ooh @ tha beat start; sounds like a sample from an old song or somethin’! Nice how tha beat sounds like some nice, southern trap-soundin’ music! Really gets you prepared for darkness, and yes, gotta luv goin’ down dark roads on Long Island, NY, at night! Think: Myths about people killing themselves in tha 1800’s; this would sound nice ta bump in tha car, with tha bass and all dat! Yeah! Just last weekend, I was fulla dat shit, in my friend, Frankie’s car, and tha fuckin’ bass wrapped around my fuckin’ neck when he made a turn! I was like, “Ahh!! Ahh!!” I luv this high life; it makes me wiser and I’m creatin’ some classic moments! My Rating: 4.8


04. “Purple Waterfall$”
$! >>> Sounds like a sex song, or a mainstream song for tha females, based off how you produced this… Diggin’ how this sounds; nice and relaxin’… Almost feel like I’d fall asleep in Frankie’s car, lol; I luv that car and I can’t wait to go to Long Island in eight dayz, again!! My Rating: 4.3


05. “Rolex”
>>> Tha beginning sound’s really catchy; ooh, an organ! Oh, gotta luv ya!! Damn, this iz so good! Even a whistle in this, too? Wow, gotta luv it!! Southern smoke at its finest!! I dunno what else ta say, except that I wanna fuckin’ go for a late-night car ride!! My Rating: 4.9


½time: Gotta luv tha beats, of course!! Props fa droppin’ anotha instrumental CD; it definitely continues ta show your pure, producing sound! Keep it up!! A 4.7 for tha CD rating, currently!


06. “Bando Jackson”
>>> Sounds like some good southern shit from Baton Rouge; can’t complain! Luv tha “whoa,” “boom,” or howeva you wanna spell tha way it sounds! My Rating: 4.5


07. Interlude
>>> Diggin’ tha lil’ movie “interlude;” nice, with a dark feel to this continuously-awesome vibe of this CD! My Rating: N/A


08. “Joes & Hoes”
>>> Really diggin’ tha organ; tha organ always catches my attention on tracks! Nice and focused; gotta luv ya! Nice and southern—pure quality! My Rating: 4.5


09. “Lean Flava”
>>> Sounds like a nice spin on “Flava In Ya Ear,” a lil’ bit, wit tha beat sample, mixed wit a nice trip-hop sound; good goin’, Ken! Feels like it’s tha ‘90s, here; really diggin’ this! I know you prolly don’t know much about trip-hop since you’re only 21, but it’s ambient/chillout kinda music that’s mainly just instrumental that was mainly popular in tha ‘90s. It’s kinda like hip-hop beats but mixed wit a lil’ bit of electronic, jazz, and all dat. Tha way you have your kicks and how some shit sounds like it’s in tha background makes it very trip-hoppy, lol. But yeah, you definitely can be on “lean” wit this kinda shit, despite me neva attemptin’ “lean,” yet. My Rating: 4.7


10. “Trap Bitch”
>>> Ooh @ tha cymbals! Really diggin’ tha lil’ “dirr” sounds in tha background—I dunno how ta spell it out, lol! Props fa keepin’ it dark and southern on tha track, once again! My Rating: 4.6


11. “#Tabflow”
>>> Sounds like a hall or somethin’ in tha beginning… Beginning beats kinda sound trip-hoppy, here, as well… Now, hearin’ tha kicks at :36 and it’s soundin’ more on some nice, slow, southern, lean-like shit; diggin’ it! My Rating: 4.3


Overall: Good goin’, Ken! Really diggin’ tha instrumental CD you dropped, here! Now, I can see why tha back cover looks tha way it looks; nice and trippy! You really are a gifted producer; pure quality at its finest! If anyone wanna talk shit about you, fuck ‘em; I know I’m in tha mist of gettin’ shitted on, so we all go through shit! Keep puttin’ that quality out; these beats were definitely nice ta ride to, in tha dark! Props fa creatin’ a miniature soundtrack fa those late-night drives!


Rankings:

09.       “#Tabflow” 4.3
08.       “Purple Waterfall$” 4.3
07.       “Bando Jackson” 4.5
06.       “Joes & Hoes” 4.5
05.       “Trap Bitch” 4.6
04.       “Jumping Back” 4.6
03.    “Lean Flava” 4.7
02.    “8Ball$” 4.8
01.    “Rolex” 4.9


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      41.2
Total Songs:                      / 09
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.6 (automatically a 5-star-rated CD)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive