Friday, February 13, 2015

Review #1,439: $hop With Ken "Shop Open"

Reviewed on 2.13.2015 (Review #1,439)


Anotha review comin’ at ya, here… Here goes anotha one fa Forever Young Entertainment’s $hop With Ken Shop Open! Seein’ on tha file info that these are instrumentals as well? Lookin’ forward ta hearin’, once again! Oh, and tha front cover jacks a lil’ bit of that Concentration Camp / Camp Life-type CD covers from tha late ‘90s / early ‘00s. Start Time: 7:20 PM | End Time: 7:49 PM


Disclaimer: I rate each song from 1.0 – 5.0; each rating iz my own opinion! I only please myself wit my ratings! I don’t care how lyrical you are, as long as it’s jammin’ enough for me to like it! I look for beats, then vocals, and then lyrics. To determine my favorites, I will differ tha 4.0 ratings. If a song gets at least a 4.0 rating from me, I love it already. If at least a 4.6 rating, I pretty much really love it, as it’s considered mindblowin’ when I hear it! Any song can earn up to a maximum of a 5.0 rating. Anything I type before “ >>> ” iz what I’m sayin’ before I listen to tha song; anything after I type “ >>> ” iz what I think of tha song while I’m listening to it. If you use tha word “swag” frequently, have auto-tune in your vocals, or talk about nothin’ but money and hoes (which I consider ‘typical’ topics), I’m not buyin’ it!

© 2015 CD Review (Review #1,439) reviewed on 2.13.2015 by FrankieThaLuckyDog.



01. Shop Open (Intro)
>>> Sounds good ta hear anotha intro wit a skit from a movie… My Rating: N/A


02. “85 Cutlass Muzik”
>>> Sounds nice; diggin’ how it has, like, a mid 2000s vibe to it, for tha south. My Rating: 4.2


03. “G-$hit”
>>> A nice combination of intensity and southern smoke for tha intro sound, here; diggin’ it! Now, it sounds like that ‘90s gangsta rap from Louisiana, with tha sound! Tha kicks kicked in and it sounds like a blend of current southern music, as well… My Rating: 4.4


04. “Uptown Shiner”
Co-Produced by Vintage Rippah, here. >>> Not really diggin’ tha Mista or whateva that voice iz, in tha beginning; completely dickrided fa no reason! Anyway, sounds nice fa a southern beat, except tha background vocals from him, I’m assuming; kinda a turn-off fa me… My Rating: 3.8


05. “Big Dawg”
>>> Love how tha volume was so low on tha previous song, and then, slams loud on this one… Anyway, I’m feelin’ tha energetic, southern vibe wit those horns! My Rating: 4.4


½time: Pretty much a great instrumental CD for tha south; nice! A 4.2-rated CD, currently; keep it up!


06. “For My Souljaz”
>>> Has a bit of a ‘90s sound hidden in tha background, here, inside this southern beat; nice job… Nice cymbal part at 1:28! And, a nine-second silence part at tha end? Weird ‘cause tha previous CD ain’t even have one second of silence on tha whole thang! My Rating: 4.3


07. “$tacking Paper”
>>> Sounds catchy with those southern sounds… This really puts you in a nice zone of lettin’ your brain drift off; gotta dig it! My Rating: 4.3


08. “Grind Mode”
>>> Not really diggin’ tha 1st beat tag, but I like that, “Evidently, I been shoppin’ wit Ken,” one. As far as this beat goes, it sounds nice with tha organ and whistlin’, at times; pure Baton Rouge vibes at its finest! My Rating: 4.5


09. “Hit My Line”
>>> Sounds almost like tha Webbie & Bun B “Give Me That” sample, “Oh,” in tha background, slowed down; nice… Diggin’ how this beat sounds with your kicks, organ and all dat… My Rating: 4.4


10. “Stand Avenue”
>>> Sounds pretty nice, as well, fa tha south… Iz that Biz Markie’s “Just A Friend” on tha sample, with tha, “You?” My Rating: 4.2


11. “How U Luv Dat”
>>> Endin’ this CD off wit a creepin’-up beat; diggin’ it, as well! Tha, “Da-in!,” sound effect sounds like it was used in anotha song, from, like, a decade ago? It’s teasin’ me inta really diggin’ it. Ooh @ 1:00, when tha beats kick in a lot more! Luv that transition sound inta tha hook! I feel like tha more keys I hear, tha betta this sounds! LOL, just like at exactly 1:00, at exactly 2:00, tha kicks kicked in a lot, again; transitioning at its finest!! My Rating: 4.5


Overall: I liked tha Trap Tunes one betta, but you kept my interest up wit anotha instrumental CD, which I didn’t expect anotha one! Good job wit tha beats; keep shinin’ on ‘em!


Rankings:

10.       “Uptown Shiner” 3.8
09.       “Stand Avenue” 4.2
08.       “85 Cutlass Muzik” 4.2
07.       “$tacking Paper” 4.3
06.       “For My Souljaz” 4.3
05.       “Hit My Line” 4.4
04.       “Big Dawg” 4.4
03.    “G-$hit” 4.4
02.    “Grind Mode” 4.5
01.    “How U Luv Dat” 4.5


Average CD Rating Review:

Total Score:                      43.0
Total Songs:                      / 10
-----------------------------------
Average CD Rating:       4.3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Blog Archive